Britannia Neighbours News
Britannia Neighbours is a volunteer group in the Grandview neighbourhood of Vancouver. We undertake projects that help to keep our neighbourhood interesting and engaged. Among our projects are maintenance of the Napier Square Greenway at the entry to the Britannia Community Centre, the East Van Garden Tour, and the Grandview Garden Club. If you'd like to get in touch and/or be notified whenever we'll be having a work party, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, January 26, 2015
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Britannia Neighbours Meeting — Feb 8th
Hi Brit Neighbours,
We're having a meeting at Britannia, Sunday, February 8th, 3:00–5:00 p.m., and you're welcome to join us.
This will be a combined meeting of the organizational people behind Britannia Neighbours, the East Van Garden Tour, and the Grandview Garden Club.
There’s quite a bit of people-overlap between these three Brit Neighbours activities.
I’ve reserved the Family Activity Room at Britannia, which is on the northeast corner of the Elementary School, kitty corner from the Info Centre. The Info Centre closes at 4:00 on Sundays, but in the Family Activity Room, we can meet as long after 4:00 as we need to.
There are a few things we should get moving on ASAP, such as:
- deciding, for the planters in the Brit courtyard, which plants to keep and what new plants we may want to buy to plant in them;
- asking Greenstreets to deliver some new soil for the Greenway, some of which we can use for the planters in the Brit courtyard;
- strategizing about what to do to find/hire someone to water this summer;
- talking about whether to keep putting up the mason bee condo, which has been unproductive for a couple of years (maybe too urban a setting? maybe nothing in the Greenway that blooms at the perfect mason-bee time?);
- dealing with the black mould that’s ruining the Victoria Oginski panels, which we paid for, in the Sweet Cherubim windows, etc. (Victoria and I talked to Rajinder Bagga at Sweet C about this about a year ago and he said he’d deal with it, but he hasn’t taken any action yet… we may need to take this on as a project…).
I know Christine also has a few things she wants to discuss about the Garden Club, and that Pat and Sandy and Janet are keen to rehabilitate Mosaic Creek Park in time for the Garden Tour in June. If there’s anything else you’d like to have discussed, please let me know, and I’ll create an agenda.
Cheers and hope to see you there. RSVP to email@example.com.
PS - I know Pat’s planning an additional Brit Neighbours meeting for the end of February. Maybe we can cover off all her concerns at this one. Or maybe we’ll need to have two meetings if we don’t get everything discussed at this one.